This is a bit of a weight loss blog (gosh I remember when I didn't even know what a blog was and now look at them all), anyhoos hopefully I'll get a bit of motivation from this.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hot cross buns already!

Well the last two days eating has been really good and I have stuck within the 20 point limit.

 

Today might be another story, I’ve just eaten 2 hot cross buns and I don’t think they’re so good for me plus we have cake this afternoon and its so yummy that I don’t think I’ll be able to resist. Maybe I’ll just have half a piece……

 

This wkend we (me and bf) have a wedding on at Whangapoua on the Coromandel Penisular (not to be confused with Whangaparoua). The wedding is on the beach and should be really fun. I’ve already loaded the mountain bike in the mighty van so hopefully we’ll get in a couple of rides. We’ll probably also go surfing (I’m really useless but I do try). G was wanting to go over to Whangapoua tonight but it would be nice to have a decent sleep in a bed and hopefully a sleep in. Yeah right they never happen unless we’ve been racing all day! G usually wakes up first and starts fidgeting his feet and annoying me so I’ll wake up. Good thing I love him.

Anyway he lives in Thames (we usually only see each other in the wkends), so that’s close to all the good spots on the coro.

 

Maybe I should give a wee bit of history on us?

 

Well in my third year of uni, I flatted with a guy who raced motorbikes (road racing at tracks like Pukekohe, Mansfield, Taupo Centennial Raceway) and I use to think it was the coolest thing ever. I’ve always had a vivid interest in motorbikes but something like racing seemed to be for professionals who knew what they were doing with bikes. And while I did have a motorbike (GSXR250) I really didn’t know squat. Racing before then just seemed completely unattainable.

I did a couple of track days with the road bike and managed to lie it down cracking one of the engine covers and the bike was super gutless on the track, but man it was fun!

Anyway I ended up buying, with the flatmates help, a racebike (had to sell roadbike to finance), my flattie gave me some old leathers of his that I had modified to fit my childbearing (ha!) hips, and I started!

I remember the first time I rode the bike, damn it seemed so fast and crazy! And then it suddenly stopped running and I’d heard such bad things about pistons seizing etc that I thought “AHHHHHHh I’ve broken it!” Turns out I just hadn’t turned the gas on.

 

Anyways I’m a bit off track; so about 2 years ago I met my boyfriend at the track. He races in the same class and would offer all kinds of advice (its great being a race girl at the track). After one meeting I remember confessing to my flattie (not the same one as before) that I had a bit of a crush on him. I was sorta going out with my sexy neighbour at the time.

After one meeting, G convinced me to go to the hot pools with him and he said “I can’t believe you’re single, anyone would snap you up in a second” or something along those lines. So I told him that I was sorta seeing someone, then went home and broke up with sexy neighbour. I thought he was a bit old for me and although I’d jump all over him when I was drunk, it just didn’t really feel right.

G called up next wkend to say he was coming to Auckland to get some car parts and did I want to meet up. That night we had a tequila party with my flattie and a bunch of friends and by the time G turned up, I was already half cut. Well it all got rather hazy from there, we all got rollicking drunk and had a great time. And G and I have been together since. Now coming up to 2 years.

 

So that’s our history in brief. It seems to work quite well seeing each other on the wkends, I usually go to Thames on the Friday night and come back Monday morning and its only just over an hour from my house so its pretty sweet really. Sometimes he comes to Auckland but we prefer Thames because his flatmates are very cool, and there’s lots of beaches and things to do. It just seems a bit more laidback in Thames.

 

Hopefully this wasn’t all too boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home